For Immediate Release - June 26, 2013
Siemon Celebrates 110 Years of Leadership and U.S. Manufacturing
Watertown, CT — Siemon, a leading global network infrastructure specialist, celebrates 110 years of technology leadership and dedication to U.S.-based manufacturing. Founded in 1903 in Connecticut on the strength of founder Carl F. Siemon's hardened plastic compounds and pioneering telecommunications technologies, the company has reached new heights through its ongoing product innovation and commitment to delivering superior service. And when many network connectivity providers have transitioned to overseas manufacturing operations, Siemon has kept the roots of its manufacturing excellence right here at home.
Located in Watertown, Connecticut, Siemon's Global Manufacturing Headquarters was among the first manufacturers of its kind to achieve ISO:9001 and ISO:14001 certification, underscoring the company's commitment to product quality and environmental stewardship. The U.S. facility's advanced metal stamping, tooling, injection molding and sheet metal forming capabilities create the components that feed its highly-automated assembly operation. That, combined with an industry-leading R&D lab and engineering team that utilizes cutting-edge technologies such as 3D printing for rapid prototyping, allows the company to take their products from new ideas to finished goods, right onsite. Siemon manufactures a broad range of fiber and copper network connectivity and cable management products under their strict quality standards and process controls - a capability that produces the highest product quality, performance and consistency.
Siemon has a local presence in 38 countries, including a global network of certified installers, distributors and logistic centers servicing customers in over 100 countries, all backed by a worldwide team of technical and sales support experts In recent years, the company has reinforced its emphasis on supporting channel partners and customers with new capabilities and services such as dedicated inside sales representatives; the Standards Informant website to deliver up-to-date information on industry standards; and the online Contractor Pitstop resource, which provides news and information focused on helping Siemon's contractor partners grow their businesses.
As part of its commitment to industry advancement, Siemon remains actively involved with industry associations and standards organizations around the world, including key leadership roles in TIA, ISO/IEC and IEEE. Siemon has also succeeded in enhancing value-added services through complementary partnerships and proactive marketing relationships, including becoming a Cisco Technology Developer Partner and Tier 1 IBM Business Partner.
After 110 years, Siemon's unique family culture, product innovation, U.S. manufacturing and commitment to continuous improvement remain stronger than ever. The company's latest copper and fiber innovations offer key performance and installation differentiators for the Data Center, LAN and Intelligent Building alike. Following are just some of Siemon's product development milestones:
- Z-MAX® 6A shielded and UTP solution with the highest category 6A/class EA margins and fastest termination time
- TERA® fully-shielded solution that offers the highest twisted-pair copper cabling performance available
- Pre-terminated MTP Fiber Plug and Play assemblies for 10, 40 and 100Gbs applications
- BladePatch® LC fiber jumpers that revolutionize high-density patching with a patented push-pull boot design
- VersaPOD® Data Center cabinet with Zero-U patching and cable management for improved air flow and efficiency
- Feature-rich V600 Cabinet for lightweight stability, accessibility and superior airflow
- XLR8® fiber termination kit that offers fast, reliable, high-performance field terminations in half the time
- Innovative Intelligent Power Distribution Units (PDUs) with real-time monitoring for maximizing uptime
- MapIT® G2 infrastructure management with enhanced connectivity tracking and complete intelligent visibility
- Full offering of interoperable high speed interconnect assemblies for point-to-point applications
One of Siemon's greatest achievements is its ongoing commitment to protecting and preserving the environment. Siemon is proud to now be 179% carbon negative across its entire operations with zero-landfill status-all made possible through the use of lean solar energy, 99% waste elimination initiatives, employee incentives and its award-winning sustainable 3,000-acre Branch Hill Tree Farm. As part of that commitment, Siemon continues to develop energy-efficient data center solutions and ConvergeIT Intelligent Building systems for improved efficiency and sustainability across a variety of markets and applications.
As it celebrates 110 years of U.S. manufacturing as a five generation family-owned and operated business, the Siemon family is proud of the world-wide Siemon team's unwavering support and dedication. Visit www.siemon.com and join Siemon in celebrating its 20th century values, 21st century vision and longstanding "Made in the U.S.A." commitment.
- About Siemon
- Established in 1903, Siemon is an industry leader specializing in the design and manufacture of high quality, high performance IT infrastructure solutions and services for Data Centers, LANs and Intelligent Buildings. Headquartered in Connecticut, USA, with global sales, technical and logistics expertise spanning 100 countries, Siemon offers the most comprehensive suites of copper and optical fiber cabling systems, cabinets, racks, cable management, data center power and cooling systems and Intelligent Infrastructure Management solutions. With more than 400 patents specific to structured cabling, Siemon Labs invests heavily in R&D and the development of Industry Standards, underlining the company's long-standing commitment to its customers and the industry. Through an ongoing commitment to waste and energy reduction, Siemon's environmental sustainability benchmarks are unparalleled in the industry, including 179% global carbon negativity and zero-landfill status
- Siemon Interconnect Solutions (SIS) is a Siemon business unit comprised of a team of dedicated technical sales professionals supported by Siemon Labs, mechanical, electrical and signal integrity engineers committed to solving industry and customer driven interconnect challenges. We provide custom network infrastructure solutions to: OEM's, Leading Manufacturers, Value-Added Resellers and System Integrators.
- Press Contact:
- Betsy Conroy
- (860) 945-4200