For Immediate Release
Siemon Recognized with Three Innovators Awards
September 26, 2017. Watertown, CT - Siemon, a leading global network infrastructure specialist, today announced that it has been presented with three awards during the Cabling Installation & Maintenance Innovators Awards ceremony on September 25th at the 2017 BICSI Fall Conference & Exhibition in Las Vegas, Nevada. Chosen by a panel of cabling and communications system specifiers, designers, integrators and managers, the Innovators Awards program recognizes the most-innovative applications of cabling and communications technology products and systems within the structured cabling industry.
Siemon was presented with a gold-level award for its lightweight, ergonomic, and easy-to-use LightBow™ Fiber Termination System. LightBow effectively reduces time and costs while enhancing performance and reliability of LC/SC multimode and singlemode fiber terminations. Features of the LightBow Fiber Termination System include:
- Single-Step Termination - Low-cost patent-pending LightBow tool combines splice activation and crimp into a single robust process.
- Universal LC/SC Capability - Supports LC and SC multimode and singlemode connector types with no time-consuming changeover.
- Superior End Face Protection - Connector dust cap remains in place throughout termination, protecting performance-critical connector end face.
- Eliminates Air Gaps - Bow feature maintains proper pressure of fiber ends during termination to eliminate air gaps.
Siemon was also presented two silver-level awards for its ConvergeIT™ Intelligent Building Cabling Solutions and V-Built™ Custom Preconfigured Solutions. ConvergeIT combines Siemon's proven quality with advanced cabling technology to create a future proof zone cabling system that converges any low voltage IP application onto a single unified physical infrastructure.
Siemon's V-Built Custom Preconfigured Solutions are ideal for high performance computing and colocation data centers using modular, repeatable pods or customers seeking consistency across multiple locations. V-Built cabinets are preloaded with Siemon components, including fiber and copper connectivity, preterminated cable assemblies, PDUs, cable management and accessories. Identified by one customer-specific part number and price and delivered to the site ready to connect the cabling and install active equipment, V-Built Custom Preconfigured Solutions reduce data center deployment time and labor by up to 30%.
- About Siemon
- Established in 1903, Siemon is an industry leader specializing in the design and manufacture of high quality, high performance IT infrastructure solutions and services for Data Centers, LANs and Intelligent Buildings. Headquartered in Connecticut, USA, with global sales, technical and logistics expertise spanning 100 countries, Siemon offers the most comprehensive suites of copper and optical fiber cabling systems, cabinets, racks, cable management, data center power and cooling systems and Intelligent Infrastructure Management solutions. With more than 400 patents specific to structured cabling, Siemon Labs invests heavily in R&D and the development of Industry Standards, underlining the company's long-standing commitment to its customers and the industry. Through an ongoing commitment to waste and energy reduction, Siemon's environmental sustainability benchmarks are unparalleled in the industry, including 179% global carbon negativity and zero-landfill status
- Siemon Interconnect Solutions (SIS) is a Siemon business unit comprised of a team of dedicated technical sales professionals supported by Siemon Labs, mechanical, electrical and signal integrity engineers committed to solving industry and customer driven interconnect challenges. We provide custom network infrastructure solutions to: OEM's, Leading Manufacturers, Value-Added Resellers and System Integrators.
About Cabling Installation & Maintenance
Published since 1993, Cabling Installation & Maintenance has provided practical information to professionals responsible for the specification, design, installation and management of structured cabling systems in enterprises, data centers and campuses. Cabling Installation & Maintenance's magazine, website (cablinginstall.com), email newsletters and webcasts help cabling professionals improve day-to-day operations and enable strategic planning for their networks' optimum long-term performance.
About The Cabling Installation & Maintenance 2017 Innovators Awards program
The Cabling Installation & Maintenance 2017 Innovators Awards program reviews and recognizes the most-innovative applications of cabling and communications technology products and systems within the structured cabling industry. Platinum, Gold, and Silver Honorees were announced at BICSI's 2017 Fall Conference in Las Vegas on Monday, September 25, 2017. Criteria used in the Innovators Awards ranking included: innovation, value, sustainability, collaboration, and impact.
- Press Contact:
- Betsy Conroy
- (860) 945-4200